Monday, November 1, 2010

Formula for Forgiveness


"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." Luke 6:37


Just getting dressed or choosing what to have for dinner can seem difficult these days. So why don't I allow some things to be simple? God, You established an easy formula for us to follow. We are called to give others the forgiveness You give to us. You say we can rest easy and stop being the judge, jury and condemner.


It would save me time, energy, effort, and patience if I followed this recipe for peace. I don't know if I will have spaghetti or salad tonight, but I know for certain that I will forgive my neighbor, my friend, the driver in the other lane, and anyone You bring into my life that needs it. It's that simple.

1 comment:

DeAnne said...

So true. I love this post :)