Monday, November 3, 2008

Cedar Ridge Ranch


Yesterday Jerry and I spent the entire day at CRR. It was a beautiful day, very little wind and perfect temps. We spent the day working of our walking paths...hard work, but totally enjoyable. Reminds me of the hours that my dad and I use to spend together cutting wood. Here again, it was hard work, but times that I treasure. My dad taught me a lot down in the timber area...not just about cutting wood, but what it meant to love and respect nature. To this day, I would not trade my time outdoors. These are times when I feel so close to God and to my dad. I could hear my dad whistling and see him sitting there on the old Ford tractor as I worked yesterday. My dad has been gone for seven years now, but I can still feel his presence with me. No, this does not make me sad, it actually puts smile on my face...for how do you miss someone who never leaves you?

1 comment:

DeAnne said...

I feel the same way about Grandpa Price. Everytime I make a big transition in my life or I see something amazing in nature I always think of him. Every once and awhile God even lets him into my dreams :)