Thursday, January 29, 2009

Plans


"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow...You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." James 4:13-15


I make plans daily. Sometimes they look a bit like an escape plan...a way to leave and live a different kind of life. I could be like my neighbor who has a perfect lawn. Or like the friend who seems to have the best of luck. I plot out a new existence - one that does not involve frailty, concern, or sleepless nights. In fact, it resembles a television show I saw last week.

Lord, bring me back to Your perfect, personal will. Remind me of the many times You guided me when I was lost. Show me that the value of my life, as it is now, is worth far more than the imagined version of perfection.

No comments: