Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Awe


"Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy."

Habakkuk 3:2


Before I knew You personally, I had friends who loved You. Even when I would challenge such belief, I was always watching for the signs of Your existence. Lord, through the lens of my friends' faith, I began to see how You cared for those who put their faith in Your way. I saw the gift of renewal and the impact of Your influence in all that they did and said, even when they were struggling to understand You.

Lord, now I am so thankful to know You. And while I strive to define my faith and live it out for other people to see, I pray for Your awesome touch to find me and my life. Let other people be in awe of the God I know.


No comments: