
"May my supplication come before you; deliver me according to your promise. May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees." Psalm 119: 170-171
I can be shy about approaching You. Sometimes I am a young child who is not certain what to say or how to find my way through a prayer to get to the heart of the matter. But when I release my inhibitions and come to You with a humble and open spirit, my mouth overflows with all that is in me. My gratitude, my concern, my questions...they all pour forth. I am surprised by how quickly I become like a pair of open hands, waiting to receive what You give to fill me.
May my timidity turn to humility so I do not stand on the sidelines, too nervous to approach You. I long to run to Yours side, bursting with courage, love, and gratitude as I tell You about my day, with no holding back.

No comments:
Post a Comment