Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Backbone


"My integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you."

Psalm 25:21


In my faith, I have discovered the secret to standing tall in the world. When I threw away my desire to put myself first, I came upon Your will and Your purpose for my life. This fit has given me the security to be at peace with the way life unfolds. My hope is not in guaranteed profit, certain success, or the perfect relationship. My hope is in You, and when I face choices and changes, I measure my response according to the integrity Your love gives to me.

To be secure in a loving and knowing God, I knew I would have to let go of my unreal expectations so that I could make room for Your unbelievable promises. It was the best decision I ever made. Thank You for giving me what I needed to stand tall and to walk with hope.

No comments: