Monday, February 23, 2009

The Fear Factor


"Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"

Matthew 14: 29-30


Give me courage, Lord, Facing risk is not just a matter of trusting You. It also becomes a matter of defying the power of fear. When Peter walked on the water at Your command, he was held up, kept from being hurt by the storm's strength. But as soon as he let the fear and doubt creep back into his spirit, he began to sink.

I do not want to go under the waves of worry that are just waiting to crash down upon me. Lord, carry me to the shore of emotional safety. Protect my mind from anxiousness. I will keep my eyes upon You, and I will believe You can do the impossible.

No comments: