Sunday, February 8, 2009

Love's Insight


"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness."

Philippians 1:9-11


The trials of late have left scars. Other people can't see them, but I run my thoughts back and forth over the ridge of past wounds when I am alone. Healing does amazing things. I have learned to pray, feel, and care more deeply. My capacity for compassion has multiplied.

Lord, I never thought I would say this, but thank You for the wisdom this has brought to my life. Thank You for holding me when I wanted to stop the healing process because it hurt too much. On this side of it, I see the purpose, I see You in all of it.

No comments: