
"Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed."
1 Peter 1:13
In the days of my childhood, time had little meaning unless it was relevant to a need. When can I eat? When can I sleep? But now I see that time does not exist to fill my needs. It runs beneath our spirits with undetectable speed as we go about our day. It carries us closer to eternity with such a quiet force that when we do finally notice where we are in the continuum of time, we are amazed and shocked. How could it be a year later...a new season...a different stage of life?
God, help me be truly awake these days so that I take in all that Your grace provides. You did not sacrifice for me so that I would waste my days. Prepare me to be self-disciplined, to have hope, and to be ready to receive every ounce of grace from You.

No comments:
Post a Comment