"Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You, too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near."

James 5:7-8
Haw many friends have I witnessed to about the virtues of waiting upon Your timing? Countless. I'm sure I said it with great authority and conviction. I was good at that then!
Now I stand in a darkened room with my hands held up to the ceiling. I have only questions, not conviction, on my lips and on my mind: "When will You take this from me? When will You fix this, Lord?" I feel the tug on my heart almost immediately. it is not judgment, but mercy. "You too must be patient and stand firm." I let this sink in. It isn't a platitude; it's a true answer.

No comments:
Post a Comment