Sunday, February 22, 2009

Replenish My Spirit


"You gave abundant showers, Oh God. You refreshed your weary inheritance. Your people settled in it, and from your bounty, Oh God, you provided for the poor."

Psalm 68:9-10


May Your love rain down on me and refresh my spirit. I open my heart as an empty vessel waiting to be filled by Your abundant grace. For a time I hid from such expressions of Your love. I ran for shelter that did not protect me, but prevented me from encountering Your grace. Even then I knew how powerful it would be to share in Your bountiful mercy.

Lord, thank You for hearing my prayers over the years, and especially in recent days. I have felt a shift in my heart. I know I am closer to You. It is with deep gratitude that I look ahead and realize that Your spiritual abundance will shower down on me when I call upon Your mighty, merciful name.

No comments: